Life has been a crazy roller coaster lately and I haven't had much time to update.
-Tummy issues have been minimal, even with eating cheese occasionally the last few weeks.
-I found out I got a day shift position at work and then promptly found out that I won't actually be moving until the 1st of the year, or so.
-Cecil and I have been searching for a house for over a month, and as of Sunday we officially found one! We were stalking Craigslist daily, emailing and calling prospective properties, driving around, and asking our friends for any leads. We had looked at this particular house over Memorial Day weekend and fell in love. We put in an application, but didn't get our hopes up because we figured a white picket fence type couple would score it. It is exactly what we are looking for, in the country, multi-level for some pet separation, full finished basement where she can beast mode without disturbing me while I sleep, hardwood floors, and it is halfway between our places of employment. Out of 65 applications (any adult had to fill out the application) they called us first to see if we were still interested. While it seemed perfect, they didn't normally accept pit bulls and they wanted $3,000 (1st and last months rent and deposit) up front after being burnt by previous renters. We got really excited, then really discouraged because that is A LOT of money. After much discussion, we called to see if they would split that up a little bit over the first couple months and they will! They wanted to meet Kamalli though, as the landlord is a farmer and will be on the property quite a bit accessing the outbuildings. Of course, Kamalli wouldn't poop at home before we left so I just knew she would have to drop a deuce as soon as we got to the house-great first impression butthead. She warmed right up to them, and LOVED the house! Then, my amazing Cecil put down the deposit to secure our future home! As of July 15th we will be living in the country outside of Hudson, and we couldn't be more excited!
-Sunday was such a crazy day actually. I worked overtime and stayed up about 36 hours so I could sleep at night, just one night this week. By the time we went to bed, it was probably 11:30 or so. Around 4:45 we were hearing a popping noise and when Cecil sat up to see what it was she saw that there was a fire across the street, in between 2 houses. She grabbed her glasses and headed downstairs to go wake them up, while I called 911. The neighbors came out while I was on the phone, and by the time I got downstairs it had already climbed up the sides of both houses. We watched in horror as they gathered their kids, but couldn't find their animals. Over the next few hours, I got to know my neighbors for the first time since I moved in almost a year ago. We lent them blankets and let them use the bathroom once things settled down. Then, while the adults were dealing with Red Cross and insurance we offered for the kids to come over and watch cartoons. About 2 hours later, they finally found the animals and everyone was safe. My neighbors ended up coming back over that afternoon to thank us and re-introduce themselves since the morning was kind of a blur. It really made us think about what would happen if we were in that situation and how we would handle it.
-We also go to see Tiffany's hardwork put into action at the annual Penguin Project performance, this year it was Peter Pan. It was so fun, and really great to see those kids being themselves and having a good time in a safe, supportive atmosphere.
We barely get to see each other on a regular week, but I had warned Cecil that she wouldn't have a girlfriend in June, between derby travel and overtime at work that isn't a far cry actually. We are getting really good at making the most of the time we do have together, but we are looking forward (somewhat impatiently) for the day that we get to move in together and start living a semi-normal life. We are in a really positive place in our own personal lives, and we have built a very strong, almost unexplainable bond already. We also can't help but notice just how amazing our support system is, we are so lucky to have some pretty fantastic people in our corner.
2013 started with the goal of just being Happy, Healthy, and Alive and so far I think it's on the right track, even with the challenges I have faced, I honestly feel like the best Jackie to date, in this never ending puzzle I call life.
No comments:
Post a Comment