This bitch right here is my best friend, her name is Jessica Elizabeth Elbereth Zimmerman (AKA JEEZ). She might murder me for including that 2nd middle name, but it's one of the things I love about her and her family (which just so happens to be like my 2nd family).
We've been friends since Kindergarten, that's almost 20 years for those of you counting. We haven't always been close, but we have been in each other's lives for that long. Recently I was telling someone about Jessi, and had to laugh at just how different we are. We always say that if we had met later in life we probably wouldn't even get along. We've been through some pretty tough stuff together, and even had a period of about 6 months where we didn't talk at all, but we worked through everything and came out as a pretty strong duo. We can go days or weeks without talking, then jump right back into chatting like it had only been 5 minutes.
I love sports and always have, she hates sports.
I enjoy cooking, she forgot the water in easy mac and burnt it once.
I drink craft beers, she drinks Amaretto Sours, hold the stone.
She enjoys shopping, I hate it.
She really loves country music, I can't handle it.
She's not a huge fan of creatures such as bugs, spiders, snakes; none of those really bother me and I don't mind killing them for her.
I'm tough as nails, she has a much lower tolerance for pain. (I told her once when she had bad stomach pains that the day she finds out she is pregnant I will be telling her congratulations, see you in 9 months then hand her off to her mom until it's time to deliver. I can't handle the 9 months of uncomfortable Jessi, but I will man up and be there for her during the actual labor.)
We are both kind of bitchy, but she hates more people than I do.
We both have the same idea of a good vacation, cabin by a lake or somewhere in the mountains. I would be content living like that forever, but she has some city in her soul.
We both have 5 tattoos and I held her hand for more than 1 of hers.
We can't share pants or shoes because she is a solid 4-5 inches taller than me and 3-4 shoe sizes bigger.
She tans easily, I'm the whitest kid you know. (I constantly give her shit for jumping in a tanning booth after I had skin cancer twice)
We handle stress a lot differently, which kind of balances us out.
We have both worked in Special Ed, and have a soft spot for animals.
We do share a similar sense of humor, that's not quite right.
I don't mind doing car maintenance, she might be willing to sell a kidney if she didn't ever have to work on her car. (I tried to teach her how to drive a stick shift once, and it didn't exactly go so well)
Much to her mother's displeasure, I taught her how to burp :)
We have no problem talking about poop, farts or period problems.
We may not always agree with each other's decisions, but we will always support each other. This girl knows everything there is to know about me, and while that means her sister Katy also knows everything by proxy, I love her to the moon and back. She might be terrified of pissing me off, but if you mess with her, you should probably be terrified as well.
My bestie is the bestiest piece of my heart and I'm so lucky to have her.

No comments:
Post a Comment